No matter where you live, staying home whenever possible is the most practical way to protect yourself from corona-virus.
Self-isolating can also help prevent spread in your community. But being stuck inside can pose some obstacles to your state of mind, health and fitness routines.
With gyms and yoga studios still closed in many areas, you may have less motivation to exercise.
Having kids at home all day can also hamper your fitness goals. If you want to overcome these obstacles, you can use these exercise and wellness resources to do so.
Why Exercise During COVID-19?
- Exercise can be effective for warding off feelings of depression.
- Exercise helps your brain produce more endorphins, which are the “feel-good” chemicals responsible for the “runner’s high” you feel after working out.
- Staying active can reduce your risk for chronic health conditions that can put you more at risk for COVID-19 complications.
- Physical activity can help your kids focus when they are taking classes at home.
How to Stay Active While Staying Indoors
Now that you know why it’s important to exercise during COVID-19, you may need a few pointers for staying fit while you also stay inside your home.
- Setting up a space inside your home can provide the equipment and motivation you need to stay in shape while your regular gym is closed.
- Online exercise classes can also provide some motivation and social connection.
- Even cleaning and organizing your home can help burn calories, plus getting rid of clutter can help you beat stress.
- Family-friendly activities can double as home workouts and can help get your children off the couch and staying active.
- Keep your gym equipment germ and virus free.
- Sign up for a FREE live virtual yoga class taught by certified teachers at Kundalini Yoga From Home using promo code FIRST-FREE.
How to Stay Safe While Exercising Outdoors
Depending on where you live, you may be able to get outside for some fresh air and fitness, but make sure you are doing so safely.
- Checking your state’s current restrictions will help you determine whether exercising outside is permitted.
- Social distancing is still highly recommended when you are running or working out in public spaces.
- If your family needs to wear masks while exercising, you may need to adjust your outdoor workouts to reduce potential health risks.
- Exercising outside can have added health and fitness benefits, so try to get your family outdoors for some fun when possible.
You may need to stay at home in order to protect your family from COVID-19, but you also need to stay active. Kundalini Yoga and exercising is one of the best defensive measures you can use to protect your family’s health and well-being. So whether you are stuck inside or can get outside, make sure you have the tools and resources you need to stay safe and healthy during the pandemic.
Author: Anya Willis
Photo Credit: Rawpixel